Friday, November 4, 2011

Dear Mom,

My mother is the best mother because she puts up with my crazy shit. She has always told me that I march to the beat of my own drum (which I made myself). The following is a special project I thought she would appreciate:

A wax-up of my right index finger (the nail-bed has been relieved for an acrylic nail after processing).

Added some gashes. Why the fuck not?

After processing in silicone - mostly intrinsic coloring, but the gashes were exaggerated with some acrylic paint (which I don't recommend because it doesn't adhere well to silicone unless there's some kind of primer involved).

Completed finger, with custom handmade acrylic fingernail, ready for shipping.

The ransom note I sent to my mother (from my pet rabbit, Silke, who really loves bananas and is sometimes aggressive) along with the severed finger.
I love you, mom! <3

1 comment:

  1. You really should stop biting your fingernails.
    Love you, Mom <3

    ReplyDelete