Sunday, November 6, 2011

Toof.

Sometimes when it gets a little slow at work, I like to play around. Since I work in a dental lab, there are plenty of spare teeth rolling around without a mouth to call home. Feeling inspired by an episode of Parks and Recreation in which Ron Swanson pranks his entire staff into believing he extracts one of his own teeth with a pair of pliers in the middle of a meeting, I decided to add some gnarly-looking roots to a molar I found in our spare tooth drawer. I used Jet-Set tooth shade acrylic, and gave it some final touches with oil paint mixed with acrylic liquid. I wasn't able to bake it in the lab because of some time constraints (and I didn't want to disgust my coworkers) so I cured it at home under a 70 watt lightbulb. Worked out pretty well I'd say:

The tooth after adding the acrylic roots and polishing - according to a fellow lab tech (who knows way more about teeth than I do) it looks to be a third molar, or wisdom tooth. Every other tooth in the human mouth has no more than three roots, which could explain why wisdom teeth are so damn hard to extract. Who knew!

After throwing on some paint to really bring out those freshly uprooted roots.

::shudder::

I love you, Ron Swanson.

No comments:

Post a Comment