Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Greetings.

So at the behest of one Jean-Pierre Roy, I've decided to make a blog dedicated to my special effects fun times. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Let's get this thing started, shall we?

Here are some pictures from this year's ZombieCon and Halloween, for which I made myself two custom silicone facial prostheses and little insect accessories:

A wax-up of the first prosthesis (invested in a dental flask).

The completed prosthesis with intrinsic and extrinsic coloring. I used an acrylic paint (quinacridone burnt orange) and silicone adhesive mixture for the chunky/dried blood look. Also, hand-made acrylic maggots made of tooth shade acrylic!

Wearing both prostheses - I made the one on my forehead at the last minute. Using Pros-Aid adhesive and "It Stays!", a really great water-based adhesive for the margins.

The dashing doctor. A spray bottle filled with watered down Ben Nye fake blood for the spray effect.

A quick little neck wound made out of intrinsically/extrinsically colored Skin-Tite silicone.

With my beautiful girlfriend, Divine.

At ZombieCon. The theme this year was A Game of Brains (Medieval stuff). Note the hand-made acrylic cockroach on the cheek.


Hanging out with some dude and his baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment